Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Starting Over

Once upon a time I had a blog dedicated to just keeping family updated on my daughter, Makenzi Grace. I added a few posts in there about Addison Faith and then quickly just became too busy to keep up with the blog.
Makenzi Grace & me 

Recently, we lost our sweet baby girl Emery Hope. I am going to do my best to get back to my blogging every day. I want to share her story, share our story, share my girls, and share our faith.

We are going on through life without Emery and I feel called to start this blog again. I miss her dearly. It is a pain no mother should ever have to face.
Our sweet Angel Emery Hope

Addison Faith & me
However, I know she is in heaven, perfect and whole, smiling down on me. I have my other two big girls who constantly are keeping me smiling and laughing through the tears. There are good days and bad days and on my bad days I know for a fact God is holding me up and helping me walk through life because if it wasn't for HIM I would be in bed, curled up in the fetal position.

We are a strong family and this has made us that much stronger. It isn't easy yet and I don't know if I would even say it will ever be easy. But we will get through it together!

My husband Jordan & me
My husband has been nothing but supportive in all of this. He lost his baby girl, too. But he will stand strong and just hold me if I need to cry. He will pray with me and I know he is constantly praying for us, as I am for him.

Emery Hope brought so many to their knees before God trying to help us pray to keep her here with us. Amazing that in a 1 pound little girl, she brought so many to HIM. I know she did her purpose here on this Earth without ever even saying a word or making a sound. I wish I understood why she couldn't continue on bringing those to Jesus at home with us, but God decided she needed to come home more.

I want to share all of these things with you - her sweet story and her sweet spirit, and all about our family and daily lives, and of course I want to share our love of the Lord.

Please pray with us for healing for us as we are still grieving the loss of our baby girl, but for some reason I am called to start blogging again. I will do my best to keep up with this blog.
Right outside our home! PINK SUNSET

The name of my blog is Butterflies and Pink Sunsets - because it is our sweet reminders of our Emery Hope. We see pink sunsets all the time now. We were always looking to butterflies for her because her room in the NICU had butterflies and her big sister, Makenzi, always drew her butterflies in her pictures she would have me take her to the hospital. Twenty-three short days we had our Emery Hope, but in our hearts she will live forever!
My sweet girls & me 













Psalm 147:3 "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."

Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

No comments:

Post a Comment