Thursday, March 24, 2016

Oh, Addison Faith

The next two days of posts I'm going to introduce to my sweet girl - Makenzi Grace and Addison Faith. They are the sweetest things. They deserve a little recognition for all they do and all the smiles they bring us.

I want you to meet my sweet, Addison Faith.

She's a character.


She keeps us laughing. 


She loves with all her being.


She is probably the sweetest little girl I've ever met and she's mine. I thank God for that. 

She loves her sisters with all her heart. Makenzi is her best friend and I pray they are always as close as they are now. Today they have stayed in their nightgowns all day and played nonstop with their Barbie Dreamhouse (best investment Santa ever made ;-)).








She loves her baby sister, Emery so much. She reminds us when she hears the wind chimes that's Baby Emery singing, Mama. She sees the sunset and makes sure we have seen Baby Emery. She talks about Baby Emery a lot. She tells us she's in heaven with Jesus. She tells us how she's happy all the time. She wishes she was here but she's more at peace with Baby Emery being in heaven than anyone (I believe that's the ultimate child like faith). She misses her - one night we even had this conversation: 
Addison - "Mama, when do we get to go to heaven?" 
Me - "Hopefully, a long time from now when we die, baby." 
Addison - "Mama, can I get runned over tonight?"
Me - "No! Addison, why would you want to do that?" 
Addison - "So, I can go see Baby Emery now." 





This is Addison with her bear (it came with Emery's coffin) - she named it Baby Emery 
Bless her! She scared her Mama. We had a talk on how we didn't need to go see Baby Emery yet and we should always be careful and not intentionally go see her. But when God calls us home, she will be there waiting on us. 

She LOVES to pose for pictures! Here she is with Emery's shadow box 
When Emery was still with us, she prayed the absolute sweetest prayers for her - "Dear God, please be with Baby Emery. Make her sleep good and wake up happy. Make her not cry tonight and make her belly not hurt. And let her come home safe" (Emery had a stomach surgery that was pretty serious... so, she always prayed for her not to hurt.) God answered her prayers, just not in the way we wanted - He took away her tears, He made her not hurt, He made her happy, and He brought her HOME safe. We thank Him for that. 

She has the sweetest, most perfect dimples - she has had them since the day she was born and they can melt your heart.



I have a hard time ever telling her no. She's got a way about her. :-) 


She cries out for her MILK in the night and sounds like a dying old man. But it's so funny! She will, also, wrap her arms around you and say "My Mama" or "My Daddy" in the night. 


She is a Daddy's girl to the core. She is a night owl and only wants to be up with him. The nights he works, it is devastating to her that he is not home and I can't stay awake with her. She falls asleep most nights right beside her Daddy in his recliner or beside him in bed or even on the couch (and he better not move her until he goes to bed). 


She loves YouTube videos. She will sit and watch those silly videos all day long and a lot of times I fall asleep before her and she's watching the YouTube videos on the iPad. 


She loves all things junk food - all things! She will eat chocolate bars or Ding Dongs or sugar cookies over supper any day. And remember - I have a hard time telling her no. OOPS! She does eat good but some days it's just not worth the battle at breakfast time. HA!

She had chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast here :-) 
She loves to be the first to tell you something. Last night I was reading them the bible story of David and Goliath. I asked if they had heard the story. Makenzi answered first and it was right so I started reading. Addison immediately cried and whined through the whole entire story. (I don't just stop reading for fake crying and whining, forgive me for not being the best Mama, haha). After I finished reading, I asked what happened and she told me "I was going to tell you what happened." So, I told her to tell me about the story now and then to sing me the song "Only a Boy Named David." That worked - that's what happens when you're 4 years old...you quickly get over everything. 


She loves to take selfies and will humor me to take a good one but then we have to take silly pictures. You should see the amount of silly selfies I have on my phone. 



She is precious! We love her oh so much! I couldn't imagine life without her - she was a difficult baby (she cried nonstop) but as a toddler and older, God sure has blessed me more. He knew what He was doing. As always. She is blessing to all who meet her! 


Addison Faith, I want you to know you can sure light up a room with your smile and dimples. You can make any bad day better with you loving hugs. You are the sweetest spirit. Don't ever change, baby girl. I pray you continue to be the sweetest girl and love with all your being all those you meet. You will do big things, sweet girl! I love you so much! I'm so glad God picked me to be your Mama. Love, Mama





1 comment:

  1. That is the sweetest thing I ever heard.and ur family is beautiful.I'm still praying for ur family and I will always pray for ur family.the thing u say about ur daughter Emery hits close to home.if u ever need anyone to talk to I'm here for u.

    ReplyDelete