Thursday, March 10, 2016

"Everyday is a Good Day"

This morning on the way to school Makenzi and me were talking about how I had such a rough day yesterday. We were discussing everything that happened - how much I missed Emery, how the car broke down on me (yes, I failed to mention that yesterday but our car just decided to quit on me in the school pick up line), and how I was just ready for a do over yesterday. She was listening to her favorite morning show, The Bobby Bones Show, and his band The Raging Idiots have a song they're putting out on their album called "Everyday is a Good Day." 

They played it on the radio this morning during JOY Week. Makenzi said "See, Mama, everyday is a good day regardless of how we think it's a bad day... it's really not." Ummm... hello?! Is my daughter really just 7 years old?! Her wisdom is way beyond her years! I love that sweet girl of mine & how she reminded me that every day is a good day. I need to remember that. 

I've been reminded this week during Bobby Bones Joy week that we are finding JOY in things even though we are going through a hard time. The Bobby Bones show refers to that as #PIMPINJOY. Well, I guess you could say we are #PIMPINJOY. I ordered Makenzi & me both t-shirts that have that on. We need them. And after the conversation she had with me this morning, she deserves it because she goes through bad days, too but she reminds me to have a good day everyday regardless. 

Here's a snapshot of the pics of us finding joy in our tough times. Yes, EVERYDAY IS A GOOD DAY! Yes, my seven year old is so smart & she makes me smile, and be so proud. 

Jordan, Makenzi, and Addison are the reason I can go on in this life! They can make me smile and be happy even through this grief I am in. Lord knows how much I need them & how they are helping heal me. 










FYI - this is a little side note - our alternator went out in our car yesterday. I was sitting in the school line and it went crazy on me until it finally died. Thankfully, I was able to make it to a parking spot. I had a sweet friend come over to my rescue. She called her husband who came over to try to help get us jump started. It wasn't the battery. So, he drove me home to get Jordan. We called one of our friends who is a mechanic (or I text my girl friend to get his number) and we had the car towed to him. He worked on it and told me I was very lucky that it didn't burn up with me in it because when he got the battery charged up, it started smoking and the alternator turned RED. So, I have to thank God for his timing... no, I didn't want the car to break down, but it could have been worse. Jordan could've been downtown or us on the interstate or it could've been in a couple of weeks when the girls & I were traveling to Mississippi. We already have it back, because when your friend is a mechanic, he gets you in and out quickly. :-) I can't thank God enough for protecting us and for all my friends that came through yesterday. So... I guess you could say that didn't help my Wednesday yesterday but we survived. 


"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

So, tomorrow I will make sure to make it a good day because God gives us another day every day. He knows how many days we will be here, just like he knew Emery Hope would only be with me for 23 days. Make everyday a good day. You never know when you won't have another one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment