Saturday, March 26, 2016

Jordan

Maybe I should've started with him... 


But last but not least, I'm going to introduce you to Jordan.


My rock. 


The one who can always make me laugh, even if it's when I don't want to laugh or feel like I have a laugh in me. 


The one who has stood beside me through A LOT! 

You ever heard the saying couples that are meant to be are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out even stronger than before. Well, that would be us! You wouldn't believe the things we have been through in 8 and a half years together (minus one). 


My brother introduced us 8 summers ago. He kept telling me I had to meet this guy he was always going to listen to sing at bars around Cookeville - where we went to high school and college. I was living in Oxford, MS at the time. I came to spend the weekend with my brother one weekend just to meet Jordan. 

We had text each other and talked on the phone some but hadn't met yet. 

I love this story - and to hear him tell it is one of my favorites, but you'll have to take my story for today. He was kinda seeing someone else when I had sent him a friend request (after my brother talked him up) on MySpace (yes, we are back in the MySpace days - I had a Facebook but it was still only for college students). He looked at my picture (I wish I had the picture still - we're talking years ago) and he told that girl at her house on her computer that if he was going to be serious and marry someone it would be me. He didn't even know me yet. 

Well, we met and the rest is kinda history. But not really... 

We had lots of ups and downs. We were happy, but we struggled. We were young. I was 22-23 and he was 21-22. We got married young... had Makenzi young. And it was just a rough start for a young couple. 


We lived with my parents right after our wedding, which is not the best thing for a married couple, but we thought we would do better doing that because we rushed into everything!!! 

We were pregnant with Makenzi & I was scared, hormonal, and crazy (ha). 

We ended up splitting up. 

But our love story doesn't stop - you know... we even went through with the silly divorce. And I'm pretty sure the day the silly thing was finalized, we were back together. I don't even really tell a lot of people this story... because I just say (and we celebrate our anniversary on October 6) we have been together since October 6, 2007. 


We got back together when Makenzi wasn't even 2 years old. She doesn't even remember anything else. She will eventually find out but right now all she knows is Mama and Daddy have always been together. 

Jordan started playing music about 6 years ago. He moved on to Nashville then and I stayed back in Georgia. We had to see really if the music business could really make money for us. 

Luckily, it worked out. But in the meantime I got pregnant with Addison. I kept working in Georgia to keep my insurance and right before I was about to start back work there, I decided to quit and move to Nashville. We were done with the commuter family. 


I quit my job and have been staying home with the girls ever since. I am working on my Masters now to get my certification to teach, so when Addison is ready to start school I will have my teaching certification and can go to work. 

But staying home with my girls has been such a blessing. I love every minute of being there for all their needs - every one of them - Jordan and the girls. 

I wanted another baby... even when I was pregnant with Addison, I kept telling Jordan I wanted one more. He will tell you he never even wanted kids - but he's glad he has them. He would've been done after Makenzi & then after Addison he was for sure ready to call it quits. I was not. 

Finally last year around April, we decided we would try for our last one. We got pregnant in August with Emery. Most know that story - but let me tell you, Jordan held me strong through it. 

It was a rough pregnancy and he never left my side. I was in and out of the hospital and the ER. I was for sure I was going to lose her before I could even make it to a delivery point. At one point in all of this, I even thought I was going to die trying to carry her and keep her inside me. 


She eventually came out at 24 weeks. He stayed right beside us. He took me to the hospital on scary days, he stayed with me, and let me stay with her as long as I wanted. He would pray over her with me. 


He held me the night they told us she probably wasn't going to make it and just let me cry myself to sleep. He let me hold her for as long as I wanted and let me hold her while she died and he just held my hand.


He held me as we planned her funeral, and held me up at her funeral. 


You see - we've been through a lot. But we are stronger than we've probably ever been - even if we drive each other a little crazy every now and then. 


We have a wonderful family - the five of us - four of us here on this Earth and we have the best guardian angel of all, our precious Daughter in Heaven. 


He keeps me strong and makes me want to keep being the best for him and the girls. He will tell you I make him want to be a better person, but I strive to be the best for him and the girls. Sometimes I don't think I stand up to that test. 

He loves me like no other. He loves our girls like no other. He can play music all day long and rush home to dye Easter eggs with the girls or do something with us like go out to eat and pick out decorations for our baby girl's grave sight. 


There is never a moment in anything that I doubt his love for me or the girls. 




We are complete opposites in a lot of ways. I think that's what makes us work so well. Others would say it would tear them apart as different as the two of us are, but it works well for us. I am the calm to his storm. :-)


I love our weeks or weekends when it's just the two of us. We had Makenzi so early in our relationship, we never really had time to just be us. We love our time together. We are never apart. And luckily he has a job where I can just tag along when he can't take off. 

We are inseparable. 

I thank God daily for him and all he does for our family. 


Jordan, I don't tell you nearly enough but you are the love of my life. I don't know what I would do without you. You have been there for me through my darkest days and probably seen me at my downright worst when we lost Emery. You have never forsaken me and stood beside me always even in the hardest times. You fought for us even when I didn't think there was anything really to fight for. You showed me you loved me, when I didn't know how you could. But you never really gave up - I am forever thankful to God for that. He just had to push me back to you. I love you with all my heart! ~Skye 

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful love story. Your words actually brought tears to my eyes. I've known Jordon since he was little....and to see the wonderful husband, father and man he has become makes me happy. But to know he has a wife that believes in him is a blessing. May God continue to bless you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful love story. Your words actually brought tears to my eyes. I've known Jordon since he was little....and to see the wonderful husband, father and man he has become makes me happy. But to know he has a wife that believes in him is a blessing. May God continue to bless you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sweet. You guys have an amazing story! ❤

    ReplyDelete