Friday, March 25, 2016

My Sweet Makenzi Grace

Let me introduce you to my sweet, precious Makenzi Grace.


The sweet girl who made me a Mama. 

She is the sweetest soul. 

She loves hard. 

She has a huge heart. 


She is slightly overly dramatic.


She takes things very serious even when we are joking. But she can joke and put on a show, too. You have to just take her moods as they come.


She's her Mama's girl. She made me a Mama and I maybe spoiled her a little much. We have a certain way of doing things and it works for us. She's my sidekick.


She is the messiest little girl I know. She hates to clean. If you ask her to clean up her mess, expect a huge meltdown. We cleaned her room today and it was crazy. (See our faces to know the mess that we I tackled)





She loves her sisters fiercely. She prayed for both of them. When I was pregnant with Addison, she wouldn't dream of saying I had a boy in my belly - of course, I didn't - but from the time we found out we were pregnant with Addison all she spoke of was a sister. Before we even began thinking of having Emery, she was praying for God to please put a baby in Mama's tummy. When we found out we were pregnant with Emery, we told her immediately. She squealed and asked if we were serious.

When we lost Emery, she cried as hard as I did. She loved her so much. She was only able to hold her and meet her the day she died. She had seen pictures and videos and even was able to FaceTime with her once, but never able to love her. Makenzi loved Emery with every fiber of her being. (just like she does Addison)


She is the best big sister. Addison is her very best friend. They play together nonstop. (They, also, have some pretty crazy cat fights - but that's sisters).



She has an alter ego we learned about last weekend - Cledus. Watch the video. It is hilarious. She changes her voice and goes crazy. We laugh until we cry.


She has a daredevil side. When she rode Go-Carts with her Daddy, she went nuts. She loves waterslides, and will try put much anything water related (except the Storm Chaser in Gatlinburg).


She loves all things girl, but you can find her getting down and dirty, too. To the point it makes her girly girl Mama go crazy, but she's having fun so I have to just let it go. :-)

Getting her very first pedicure - in a butterfly chair no less 

She loves to write and draw. She is constantly writing notes, or drawing pictures. I find pictures and notes all over the house. She drew many pictures of Emery, butterflies for Emery (that's where we got the butterfly symbol for Emery mainly), she draws family pictures and always adds an angel to them. She will write love notes for everyone. I have a lot of them saved because they are so sweet. She recently wrote a book about Emery. I'm going to save it forever. I have it put away with Emery's things.

She's one amazing little girl. She wears her heart on her sleeve. She gets her feelings hurt easily but that's because she's got her heart on her sleeve.


She loves to cuddle but sleeps better when she can stretch out in her bed.


Makenzi Grace, You are one amazing little girl. I am so glad God blessed me with you. You always ask what my best surprise I ever got was - and it's definitely YOU baby girl. You made me a Mama & it was all I ever wanted to be. You made all my dreams come true. You make your Daddy and me so happy. Your sweet spirit and laughter can light up a room. You are the best big sister there is and I couldn't imagine your sisters have anyone else to be there big sister. I love you to the moon and back, sweet girl! I pray you never change and you are always the sweetest girl and love deeply.
Love, Mama
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment