Tuesday, March 8, 2016

My Girls & Pink Sunsets

I don't even know how to thank people for thinking of me when they see pink sunsets or pink sunrises. It seems every evening or morning I receive multiple texts or Facebook tags of people seeing pink sunsets and they want to share with me. They have no idea how they are blessing me. It's a small way that I feel like I am seeing my sweet Emery Hope. I miss her more than I can even tell you, so when others think of me and how much I miss her, it means the world to me. The fact that they take time out of their lives, to snap the picture or share the pictures they've seen on Facebook just means the world  to me. 



My big girls and I played outside all afternoon. I am loving this mild weather. (I only like hot when I can lay by the pool, otherwise I prefer indoors.) But we spent about 3 hours outside - we played at our playground, in the creek out beside our apartment, hide and seek, and we took a walk to the dog park that is right near our apartment. It was such a wonderful afternoon filled with smiles and laughter. My girls talk about their sister the whole time we play outside. They talk about the things they would show her, what she would be doing, how she would love doing the things we are doing, how they know she's always with them & watching over them. Makenzi even ventures to say Emery helps her with her tests at school. My girls love their baby sister. They have the best guardian angel they could possibly have. 


I am so thankful my girls include Emery in our conversations daily. It helps ease me some. When grief has me so down, I can listen to how positive they talk about her - how special it is they have a sister in heaven, how she is always with us, how she lives in our hearts forever, etc - that it just makes me smile. It can ease my grief. God is using my big girls to help heal me in some ways. 


I am so thankful for all the prayer warriors I have behind me. There are days I know having all of you praying for me I will get through this. Let me tell you - losing a child is something I would never wish upon anyone to have to go through but it is giving me a strong testimony. Emery Hope was an amazing little girl - all in her 1 pound self. I wanted to love her forever in my arms, but I'll have to love her forever in my heart until the promise of seeing her again some day. She has made me more of who I am than anything in my 32 years. She brought me to my knees in prayer more than ever, she brought me closer to God, she brought my family closer, and for that I am forever grateful God chose her to be ours! 


Do we miss her? Oh my goodness, yes!!! I don't even know how to tell you how much I miss her! I go back and look at her pictures daily - I never want to forget that beautiful face or that smell. I wish I could bottle up her baby smell and just keep it forever. 

We sure do miss you, Emery Hope McCants! But you my sweet girl will never be forgotten. You are in everything we do! You are constantly in our thoughts, in our conversations, and I know you are everywhere we are smiling at us! We love you so much! I can't wait until the joyous reunion we will have in heaven one day when I can finally hold you. 






No comments:

Post a Comment