Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Beautiful, Long Days

The last few days have been absolutely beautiful out. 

We have spent most of our afternoons, after school outside in the sunshine. 


It's been so nice!


The girls have loved every minute of it. 


We have played, they've ran with friends, colored with sidewalk chalk, rode their bikes... you name it, we've been outside enjoying the weather. 
Spring is a wonderful time! 

One afternoon while they were running and playing, I sat outside and did my bible study. It was so nice to be sitting out there reading my bible and listening to their laughter all over the playground. Amazing what a sense of calmness that gave me. 


An Addison story - ketchup. She LOVES ketchup. We were sitting in the school line having a snack like we do most days and she found a few packets of ketchup from Sonic in the glove box. She asked me to open them. I asked her why. She told me she needed them for her chips. She proceeded to eat all of her chips with a dab of ketchup on all of them. It was actually really cute. 


 Makenzi story - Oh my! She lost it one afternoon. She ran inside from playing outside all afternoon and went to the bathroom. Next thing I knew, she was saying "how do you like my lipstick?" to her Daddy and we cracked up. She had covered her face in lipstick. I guess that's a new way to wear it!!! :-) 


I've seen my sweet Emery painting the skies quite a bit this week. Oh I love it! It's such a sweet reminder that my sweet girl is living it up in heaven with our Lord. 


This morning a friend sent me this. I am so thankful for all the friends who constantly send me pictures of the sunsets or sunrises when they see Emery. They are thinking of me and my sweet girl and that sure helps me know I am thought of. 



It's been a Wednesday! It hasn't been awful. It's been 8 of them. Oh how I miss her - so much! I've just done more reading of my bible and more praying today. It seems to bring me so much peace. Plus, I know I have all of you lifting me up extra in prayer on Wednesday! I am forever grateful to you for that! 

Tomorrow is a rainy day - and the wind is already howling outside. I am looking forward to spending the afternoon inside with my girls tomorrow afternoon, possibly cuddled on the couch! I'm already dreaming of it - and it's only 10:30PM. 

Before I leave you, I want to share one of my favorite bible verses - 

John 20:29 "Jesus said to him (Thomas), "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."" 

Isn't that awesome!?! Think of his friends, his followers, his disciples... they watched him perform all the miracles, watched Him walk on water, watched Him come back to life... yet, they still had moments of doubt. So, blessed are we because we haven't seen Him yet we believe. Blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment