Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's Up Wednesday


Today I'm linking up with Shay over at Mix and Match Mama for What's Up Wednesday. 

It's been a crazy few days. We are enjoying the busyness, yet laid-back summer schedule. (Does that make any sense? Because somehow it does in my mind.) 

1. What we're eating this week.... 
Well, we have ate out all week but tonight I'm cooking - 
Monday we had Cori's Doghouse (I feel like I should run a marathon just to burn the calories from that HUGE Tennessee Dog I had) **Cori's Doghouse is a local place here in Tennessee and we love it (well, my husband and I do... my kids aren't huge fans) 

Tuesday - we had Bonfire - another local Japanese restaurant which we frequent a lot. It had been a while since we went there, so last night my oldest suggested to her Daddy that we have Bonfire for supper... so off we went. 


Tonight I am making one of the girl's favorite dishes - baked pork chops in herb and butter rice. It's a recipe that I kind of threw together one night and has been a staple ever since. 

The rest of the week is up for grabs. Who knows what I'll come up with. We are a kind of fly by the seat of our pants family in the summer time. 

2. What I'm reminiscing about...
We've been talking a lot about when the girls were babies. They love hearing stories about themselves as babies. 

We've talked about how I took the girls pacifiers away from them right at a certain age. (Both lost their pacis (or as Addison called them "pappy's") around the age 2. But I told them if their baby sister would have lived I probably would have left her take hers to college with her if she wanted. 



3. What I'm Loving... 
I'm loving spending my days with my girls. It's SUMMER! And we are enjoying every minute. 


When I lost Emery in February, I couldn't wait for summer. I didn't want to be away from my girls. If I could've legally taken Makenzi out of school for the year, I would have right then. 
We are loving spending our days together, sunshine, fun, and no schedules. Late nights, no bedtime, just being together. 

Daddy loves it as much as we do because when he gets home we don't have to immediately do bedtime. We can do whatever.

4. What we've been up to... 


Yesterday we went with Jordan and dropped him off at work, then headed to the Bicentennial Mall State Park to the fountains. The girls splashed their little hearts out - for FOUR hours! When they finished splashing, we went back to see Jordan sing a couple of songs before going home. I love being able to take the girls to fun things downtown. Nashville is amazing!!! I am so blessed to call this town home (even if we live on the outskirts of Nashville). 

5. What I'm dreading... 
The heat and humidity that comes with the summer... 

and being at the pool with Addison, when Makenzi & me want to be there and if it isn't a perfect 72 degrees she wants to be INDOORS! 

6. What I'm Excited About... 
Spending my summer days beside our pool... 


I am hoping my sweet Addison starts learning to swim like Makenzi this year. But she informed me today that she doesn't think she's going to. She said "I think I will learn when I'm Sissy's age (which is 8 years old). 

8. What I'm watching/reading..
I am reading Bobby Bones - Bare Bones


And Chasing God by Angie Smith. 


And I'm watching... 


The craziness that is the Bachelorette. And following along with Sheaffer on her Bachelorette recaps that make me laugh out loud every single week. 

And the series finale of Nashville which premiers tonight... and I've heard it will leave us with a BIG cliffhanger. So, here is to hoping it will get picked up by someone else. (Even though I was pretty much done with Nashville, if they leave us with a Cliffhanger I will follow it if it goes to another network)


9. What I'm Listening To... 
At this very moment... Disney channel is on while my girls rest. 

And the dryer is tumbling clothes. 

AHH... the relaxation that comes with the end of the day. 

10. What I'm Wearing... 
It is summer time... 

I'm wearing a lot of soft comfortable clothes - t-shirts and shorts, tanks and shorts. 

And lots of maxi dresses. 

easy summer style. 

11. What I'm Doing this weekend... 
A lot of nothing... spending the time poolside, and outdoors. 

Enjoying my family! 

(Well, come Sunday - Monday when Jordan is off work.) 

12. What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month... 
You guys I am going to be honest.. I am not really looking forward to anything. I don't even know what my plan is for tomorrow... so I don't know what we will do next month. We will still be in summer mode and enjoying summer. 

I know I am dreading another month without Emery - another anniversary of her being gone, another anniversary of a month birthday she should be celebrating, etc. 

I guess... I don't look forward to months. I am trying more now than ever to just be present for the moment of every day for my girls. 

13. What is New...
Not a whole lot around here... 

It's summer and we are in the summer schedule - so new this week is no alarms, no schedule, and no bedtimes. Love this time of year (for that reason only)... 

14. What am I looking forward to this summer... 
Spending the days outside by our pool or downtown at the splash pad... and a lot of family time! I am so excited. I've been excited for weeks now! 


That's what's up this Wednesday! 

Yesterday - there was a gorgeous pink sunset after we left from dinner. I had a wonderful day and when I looked out and saw the beautiful sight of the sunset I smiled. I know my sweet girl was telling me it's ok to have a good day and that she is ok. (She shows up on my bad days, too) But I know yesterday she was showing up to tell me, "Mama, it's ok for you to have a good day and enjoy being with my sisters." God knows what I need when I need it, ALWAYS! 

1 comment:

  1. Yes God Always Knows what is Best for HIS CHILDREN. I am thankful for summertime, no schedules for you and our sweet girls, late nights.....even though Addison is Always our Night Owl...and I am Thankful for You, SKYE! God not only blessed Jordan and our girls with a loving, attentive mom....but HE Has blessed us as well. I pray for you daily, and praise HIM for sending me such a loving daughter!

    ReplyDelete