Friday, May 20, 2016

Goodbye, 2nd Grade

Another year has come and gone... Just like that! 

Makenzi Grace McCants just completed 2nd grade today. 

She had awards day the other day and came out with Honor Roll (all A's and B's) for the entire year - with 2 semesters having Principals List (all A's on her report card). She has done amazingly well considering our circumstances. I told her how proud I was of her. She has gone through more than most adults have to go through at 7 & 8 years old and still kept her grades up. 

We laughed as I came to take a picture of her after her awards because they had misspelled her name. She's only gone to the same school for 4 years. So, she investigated it and then she covered up the "e" in her name and we took another picture. I love how it shows her personality. She is so full of life. She is so happy. She makes this Mama smile so much. 



She had two teachers this year for a team teaching class. One of her teachers wasn't there but Mrs. Murphy was on this day. Mrs. Murphy even commented on how much she had grown over the school year. She has grown leaps and bounds through the year. I need her to slow down just a little. 


And of course - we had to take a sister picture! These two are the BEST of friends!!! The best of friends! Addison is as excited as Makenzi that school is out for the summer. I can't wait to spend my days with these girls! Summer is for sure our favorite time of year. 



And today - on the last day of school I took a picture to do a comparison from the beginning of the year! OH MY! Look at my baby... she's grown so much! And notice the hairstyle - Makenzi Grace has one hairstyle only - it's a PONYTAIL. I never want to forget this ponytail face... and the beautiful fresh face she has at 7am as we head to school. 



With it being the last day of school, I decided it would be fun to pick her up early since they can't really say anything about it now - on the last day of school. When she got to the front office, she ran and jumped in my arms and said "It IS SUMMER!!!!" So, it's official School is out for the SUMMER and we are three happy girls! It's time for pool days, late night, and no alarms! We are ready! 


Makenzi Grace, this year has been a crazy year! I am so proud of how you handled it! You handled it with such grace. You handled changing classes right at the beginning of school, you handled Mama getting pregnant, Mama being in and out of the hospital, having a very sick baby sister, and losing your baby sister. All of these things are hard for even your Mama to handle, but you have been strong. You have shed tears and we have held each other up. But at the end of the day we are smiling. I am so excited for our summer together! I can't wait to spend all day every day with you and your sister! I can't believe when you start back school you will be in the 3rd grade. It's not possible. But, I am praying you have a great summer and next year is much less eventful for you! You got this sweet girl! I love you more than I can ever even really tell you! Love, Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment