Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Saturday Downtown

After we rested, Beeg came to pick us up to head downtown to see Jordan for a little while. 

I love taking the girls downtown to see their Daddy. They get so proud. Bella was able to go see her Uncle Jordan for the first time. She was so happy. She heard him do one song and gave him a thumbs up, then blew him a kiss. It was absolutely precious! 

We snagged a table and ate while he did his thing on the stage. Tables are hard to come by on a Saturday afternoon at Rippy's. 

Makenzi sang Chicken Fried with him like she always do. She just beams when she's able to be on stage with him. Bella stood up there beside them, too. I think she may have sang some, too. They each got a couple of dollars from a lady in Rippy's. They were so proud of their tips!


I want you guys to take a listen to this video! Jordan sang Girl Crush for Makenzi. She asked him if he could do a girl song. He said the only girl song he knew was Girl Crush but he never does it. Well, he BLEW me and I believe everyone else away. When I told him how awesome it was, he was so excited. He said he hears it from everyone else but not me often. LOL! I think he is the best singer ever, but I have heard all of the songs he does a lot. And I know I should probably compliment him more. But... when he did Girl Crush, it was amazing!!!! AMAZING!!! You just need to listen. 


It brought us all back to the time when I fell in love with the voice. My brother came to visit me and brought this CD of this guy he was hanging out with all the time. He wanted me to listen to it. He knew I would love him. I don't think he really intended for me to fall madly in love with him, marry him, have three kids by him, and still be on this ride with him... but so is life! I don't think he minds too much considering he did introduce the two of us and ever since then we've been pretty much inseparable.  I claimed Jordan McCants long before he was even technically mine. I carried this boombox around with me the night my brother introduced me to the CD all night long. I listened to his CD for weeks on end, on repeat. I was in love with the voice (I had seen his picture, too and was smitten but the voice drew me way in).  (Another story of Skye and Jordan - he claimed me, too. He told a girl he was dating at the time after just seeing a picture of me on MySpace that if he was to ever settle down and marry anyone, it would be me. HA!) We were meant to be. 



We ate dinner at Martin's BBQ back home. We enjoyed hanging out with my brother a little while longer and with Bella. My brother is all about some selfies of the group. I know exactly what he is getting for Christmas - a selfie stick! :-)


After dinner, Makenzi had birthday money that was burning a hole in her pocket... so off to Target we went. Yes, she spent $140 on all things Barbie! As you can tell, she was excited but so was Addison!!! The best thing about these sisters is they play everything together, so they have 2 birthdays a year and Christmas is amazing! They share EVERYTHING! It melts me. 


 It was a busy... fun... Saturday! I can't wait until it's Summer time (4 more days) and we have way more fun times like this. I love the routine of no schedule and just the running around doing whatever we want to do. 

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I did not know the story of how you two met until this! MEANT. TO. BE.
    Don't worry Makenzi, Target takes my birthday money every year too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target has been known to take a lot of our money. It's an addiction. I need q-tips and come out with $100 worth of stuff and no q-tips. Oops! :-)

    ReplyDelete