Tuesday, May 17, 2016

THE SLEEPOVER

Makenzi's birthday was while we were at Cory's graduation in Georgia. I normally give her a big party and invite most of her class. We have it at the park. But with all we've had going on and her wanting a party right away, I didn't have time to get a big part together. She settled on having her very first sleepover. Let me tell you - she was thrilled!!! She talked about it all week. 

I invited two of her very best friends and only one could come but the other brought her a gift by one day. Her cousin Bella came, too... to be in with all the girls and keep Addison company. 

We had four squealing girls in our house Friday night. It was kind of priceless (and kind of like a headache). I wouldn't trade all those giggles for anything (well, maybe a spotless house... or maybe, next time I say we have the slumber party at a hotel instead of my house.. ha). 

Here the girls are - all ready to get the party started - just waiting on Maizie. Oh how I wish my niece, Bella, had a personality. ;-) 


Always room for Oreos at a slumber party - even if they are before dinner. Aunt Skye/Mama for the win! I try to be the "cool" one. HA! 


I thought it'd be a great idea to make our own pizzas. The girls were thrilled. They didn't eat very much of their pizzas but they loved making their own pizzas. 


Here they are waiting for their picnic in the floor - and all attempting to be as flexible as Maizie. 


We played outside, rode bikes, and ran some energy off.... before I gave them cupcakes. HA! 


Bella dropped her cupcake... and stepped in. Then asked me "Aunt Skye, can I still eat it?" HA! I washed her hands but not her feet... oh well, you only live once. So you eat icing off your toes. 


These two are inseparable!! The best of friends and always together. If they get quiet, you better find them, it's trouble brewing or they are cuddled watching the ipad. :-) 



Addison was the first one to fall asleep Friday night (at 10:30) but she just took a nap and off she ran with the girls until 1am. 


KK got Makenzi a make up crayon for her birthday. Well, they wasted the whole entire crayon that night. HA!!!! They made themselves Zombies and loved scaring Jordan and me. We got quite the laugh out of it and well, it took me about 30 minutes or longer to get them all cleaned up. It really took a good bath to get all of it off. 



At 1AM.... they all crashed out!!! Hallelujah! I went and crawled in my bed for a few hours. 


By 6am they were wide awake and running wide open again. 

They played until lunch time when Maizie went home. Bella stayed most of the day with us. 

As soon as Maizie left, we got long baths to get cleaned up... put on fresh clothes. And we all took naps! AHHHHH!!!!



It was quite the time!! The girls had a blast. I had fun hosting the party. It was as much work as a big party, but I loved watching my girls have a blast for more than just a couple hours. It was fun! But... we aren't having a slumber party at our house for a few months. I need to recuperate. 

I'm so thankful for some laughter in my house! It makes me so happy to hear my girls laugh and have fun with friends. As tough as our lives are right now, to hear my family laughing and having fun makes me smile. God sure is holding us up and giving us plenty to be happy about!

No comments:

Post a Comment