Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Our Weekend | | Downtown Edition

Friday night when Jordan got home from work he asked if the girls and me wanted to go with him on Saturday downtown. 

He had to work but the girls and me can tag along. We don't do that very often but I thought since it was going to be a beautiful weekend we would go. 

The girls were completely intrigued listening to their Daddy for a little while. That was until we were drenched in sweat. 


I found us a table out of the sunshine. Addison sat and watched videos on the iPad for a little while. Makenzi ate some chips and queso while watching Daddy. She sang every word to a few songs. It's so sweet to look over and see her singing along with the songs she knows. She told her Daddy before he started playing he better be practicing "Chicken Fried" because she was going to get up there and sing with him later. 




After we sweated long enough... about an hour and a half... we decided we would go walk around downtown for a little while. 


I don't know if I've ever had so much fun with my girls. We walked outside down the road to the Walk of Fame park and ran around in the grass. 




We sat in the shade and talked and put on make up.


We played some more. 

We walked to the Schemerhorn to see the fountains. 



We walked to the pedestrian bridge.




And then we walked back to the Walk of Fame Park to play some more. The pictures I took when we got back are special to me. The girls decided they needed to take their shoes off to rest their feet before we went back to Rippy's. They were so happy to have their shoes off. They were laughing and so happy. I got up to take their picture and as I was taking their picture the sun hit them just right. It looks as though Baby Emery is shining down on both of them. I smiled real big when I saw the picture. My three girls smiling! Melt me! Sometimes I see Emery in such little things - just like this! 




We took a bathroom break at the Hilton because well, those bathrooms are much nicer than Rippy's. HA!

While we were out Jordan sent me a picture of his view from the stage - not every day you see a baby doll that's "napping" in a chair, a baby bottle on the stage beside your drinks, and a purse and diaper bag. Life with little girls! 


And then we headed back to watch the last hour of Jordan's show. Where Addison decided to take a nap that left us both completely drenched in sweat because we were sitting in the direct sunlight on the rooftop of Rippy's. That's a Mama's love right there. 

I was fanning her with a  diaper when a guy walked over to me with a menu so I could fan her. (I was fanning her with one of Emery's diapers from the hospital -- the teeny tiny ones -- and then found Makenzi's baby doll diapers which are bigger and decided that would work better). Thankfully, this man brought me a menu which worked better fanning both of us to keep her cooler. 


While Addison was taking a little nap, Makenzi got up on the stage with her Daddy to sing Chicken Fried. After she finished Chicken Fried, she decided she was going to stay up there with them. She thought everyone wanted to see her. She was so cute the way she clung to her Daddy... and Tera Lynne... and Brent. She loves the attention.  



 Makenzi sat in Tera's lap to sing a few songs with her.


Addison woke up from her nap and we went to find air conditioning before they finished. Makenzi stayed with Jordan on the stage. HA! 

They found us after in the cool. The girls were able to help count tips. They thought they were such big shots! Tera Lynne gave them each a little bit of the money she made that day. The girls were on top of the world with their "tips!" Tera, you made my girls day!! Thank you for including them!!! 


After tips, we walked up to the car.... We were hungry, tired, and hot! Makenzi walked hand in hand with Brent the whole way up to the garage talking his head off.


Brent invited us to eat at Chuy's and we were able to enjoy Chuy's on the patio before heading home. It was such a beautiful day and night. I'm so glad we enjoyed the whole Saturday enjoying the sunshine. 



We got home and everyone got baths. And went straight to laying down, chilling out! We had a busy, enjoyable day!!! 


Sunday morning was church - Addison was still worn out from the day before and fell asleep curled up with her Baby Emery in church. It was absolutely precious. The way she clings to the bear makes me happy. I pray nothing happens to our Baby Emery bear. She's become a part of our family. She is our Baby Emery since we weren't allowed to keep our Baby Emery here on this Earth with us. 


After church we ate lunch at Cheddar's and came home to spend the day outside. 

The girls asked their Daddy if they could play with water guns in the cooler - redneck water park. He filled it up for them and they played hard in the water. 

I caught them laying in the warm water on the ground talking at the end of the day. It was precious!!! 


We had a fun, busy weekend. It was enjoyable and much needed for us all to just be together the whole weekend! I have a feeling this won't be our last weekend staying this busy and going to work with Daddy.

Thanks for hanging around and listening to all of that - hopefully, I didn't bore you but I didn't want to forget the details of the day. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment