Sunday, April 17, 2016

Field Trips | | My Girls







Addison has never been on one of Makenzi's school field trips. The rules with Wilson County school system says "No siblings allowed." On the letter they sent him for permission this time, the sibling rule wasn't listed. So, instead of trying to find someone to keep Addison I just decided to take her with us. 

Addison LOVES to be included. I've already told you that. She, also, loves her sister more than anything and wants to do everything she does. She thinks she's as big as Makenzi anyway. 

They are the BEST of friends!



They had farm day in Wilson County for the second graders. The girls were so excited about farm day! They were able to see many animals, learn about the animals, and pet some of them. The goats were a favorite and they are still talking about the Mama goat getting mad at them for being near her and her babies. 

Addison insisted we take Baby Emery with us before we left home. So, Baby Emery, our special bear, went with us on the field trip! Our sweet Baby Emery! She's a part of our family everywhere we go (spiritually) and physically, we take our semblance of her.... every single place we go. It helps my Mama heart to have a physical thing we can hold, too.




Baby Emery was even able to climb up in the tank they had out there, too. The girls loved it. Addison was a little too small to force her way in the peep hole area like Makenzi did but she still loved climbing up in there with the big kids. 



My girls love each other more than life. They are the best of friends. They don't know how much it melts my heart to see their love for each other. Makenzi in her big group of classmates and friends, saw Addison and me first thing off the bus and came running... grabbed Addison's hand and stayed by her side all day. 

I enjoyed this field trip day as much as the girls because I was able to spend the whole day with BOTH my girls on a school field trip. It was the first time I was able to do that. Grant it, some of the times I've enjoyed the one on one time I get with Makenzi but this time I needed both of them with me all day long. 

I am counting down to summer more than the kids are I believe. I can't wait until they are both home with me all day long. I am in desperate need of summer. Time spent with my family...at home all day long every single day! 

I got behind last week on my blog - I am playing catch up. There's been a few things we have done as a family that I want to document here. I will get caught up this week I hope. :-) 

As for now, just keep praying for us. It's due date month - I should be a couple weeks away from meeting my sweet Emery and instead I am grieving her loss. I long for the day I can spend eternity with her in Heaven, but for now I cherish these moments on earth with my sweet girls God loaned me longer than He did Emery. Life is short, my friends, enjoy every single moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment