Thursday, April 14, 2016

Birthday Parties

With Makenzi being in school, she gets invited to quite a few birthday parties through the year from her friends in school. 

One of Makenzi's friends invited her to a party last Saturday at Sky High. It's a place in Nashville that has trampolines all over. We've never been. The sweet Mama invited Addison, too. 

I think Addison was more excited than Makenzi to be included on a birthday party invitation. She feels so grown up. 

She just wants to be included in her sister's every day happenings. I love watching her excitement and how she wants to just be close to Makenzi. 











They jumped their little hearts out. They were soaked in sweat. The hour they had to jump went by really fast for all the kiddos. My girls were disappointed when it ended. 

We will have to go back to SkyHigh soon so they can jump again. 

But when we got there... we had to sign this waiver that showed all the risks the girls had to jump. I had to sign I wouldn't sue them or try to get them in trouble if my girls got hurt. It showed the dangers they had to jump. 

Since I lost Emery, I guess my overprotectiveness is in way over drive.  I think my hands were shaking as I signed my name to both my girls to jump. 

I realize to some it may seem silly, but I lost my baby. So, when I think about a possibility of losing my girls, even in some freak accident that probably won't happen, I freak out a little bit. I know how I'm taking losing Emery and if I was to lose one of my other girls, too.... I think I would for sure go off the deep end. 

Yes, this is probably just a Mama thing. 

I even told the girls I signed my life away for them to jump and they needed to please be extra careful. :-) Makenzi hugged me and said "We will, Mama!" 

They are so precious and so sweet to their grieving Mama. They know how bad I hurt and they just wrap their arms around me when I need it most. 

You guys, last weekend Friday - Tuesday were rough on me. I miss Emery so much! The weekend of April fell just like the weekend I had her. So, I relived the torment of my last few days of pregnancy.... I checked into the hospital on January 8th (a Friday, just like April 8th)... and by Monday January 11th (just like April 11th) I had Emery. I relived the whole moments of my pregnancy failing. It was awful! 

So, having a few things to do through the weekend helped... being with my girls helped. Saturday was rough and I didn't want to go to the party, but I did. It does me good to get out of the house even when I don't feel like it. Addison told me all through the day on Saturday "Mama, I am having the best day ever all because of you!" Tell me that won't turn any day around... that sweet girl can always put a smile on my face!!! 

A few extra moments I haven't shared yet - 
Addison is a snuggler! 

Jordan snapped a picture of the both of us sleeping the other night & she was snuggled up beside me. 


And Sunday after church, Pa Mark laid down on Makenzi's bed to take a short nap. Addison disappeared and when we went to find her, she was snuggled up next to Pa Mark sleeping. They slept a couple of hours together like this on the bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment