Thursday, July 28, 2016

Pink Sunsets | | Pink Sunrises

I just want to document these - 

Ever since my Grandaddy joined my sweet Baby Emery in heaven, I have struggled. I just cry or am depressed or down all day every day. I just need them both. But, I have seen a PINK sunset every single night since he's been with her. 


I just stop and thank God for allowing me to see my sweet girl. I know she's ok... I know she's well taken care of. I know she is happy and carefree. I know she is where we long to be one day. 
I miss her terribly... and with each passing day it seems to hurt worse right now. It's been 5 months since I've seen her face, since I've rubbed her feet and her hair. I just want to hold her and rock her. I want to love on her. 


I am reminded today that it has been ONE week since I kissed my Grandaddy goodbye on this cruel Earth. I didn't get to give him a proper goodbye but I leaned down into that casket and kissed his cold head because I needed that. I didn't think when I kissed him goodbye in June would be the last time I would see him alive. 


You guys, the past two weeks have been miserable for me in my grieving process. But with my PINK sunsets, I am reminded of our eternal HOPE waiting for us all at the end of this life.

 I was having a rough day the other day and looked up and saw the most beautiful pink sunset ever and told my Mom I can just picture my Grandaddy and Emery up there having a big ole time and her saying "Grandaddy, watch this, wanna see my Mama smile?" and them painting the sky pink. Even on my hardest days, a pink sunset can sure bring a smile to my face. 









I took my Mom to the airport early this morning and was able to see the sunrise. Makenzi and I looked up and she couldn't believe it. She said "LOOK MAMA!!!" Oh my sweet Baby Emery was telling us "Good Morning!" I am rarely up before the sun, so it was nice to see that sweet reminder. 



I am reminded of God's eternal glory every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment