Monday, July 25, 2016

Let's Talk - Back to School

It's late and I've just started this back to school post. 

One week from today, Makenzi will be back in school. She will be in the 3rd grade. I honestly can't believe it. I am still thinking I should just be bringing her home from the hospital. 

She's really anxious about school. She's hoping she gets a good teacher (and I am praying hard for one). We've had rough year and she needs a very loving teacher. (I am picky in the teacher department when it comes to Makenzi). 

One of our back to school traditions is I always get up and draw what grade she is in on the patio. We take her first day of school picture out there with the bright sidewalk chalk, brand new shoes, backpack, and new outfit. It's always nice to look back at those to see how much she's grown. 


This year we have decided instead of putting Addison in Pre-K, we are going to home school her for Pre-K. I am going to teach her the fundamentals Makenzi learned in Pre-K from home. It will just work for us. Makenzi did not benefit from Pre-K, so we decided we would keep Addison home one more year. 

Addison has learned this and has started telling everyone she's going to be doing "that homeschool." She, also, has made the statement "Mama, when I'm in that homeschool I can still take naps whenever I want, right?" and "Mama, when I'm in that homeschool I can still watch TV whenever I want, right?" I kid you not those were exact questions she asked me. We will have some disagreements I'm sure...but she'll make it. She will learn and be ready for kindergarten for sure. 

I can't wait to experience this school year with my kiddos. However, I am going to be honest and say I am not ready for them to go back to school yet. I feel like we just started summer. 

This weekend I will go and tackle all the school supply shopping, new outfits (it's still so hot out we only get a couple new outfits just so there's something new to start school with, and new shoes. Then we will start bright and early Monday morning. I think I will cry (again... she's in the 3rd grade) the moment I leave her at the door. I have one more year before I have to drop Addison off, too. I will for sure be a basket case that day. 

But I will tell you - back to school means one thing - it's closer to FALL, which of course, is the BEST time of year. I am for certain that's what heaven will be like! :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Gosh...it seems like we just had your baby shower for Makenzi at Mary's house!! Can't believe how fast it's gone by!

    ReplyDelete