Friday, August 5, 2016

August 3, 2016

I kind of slacked on writing on the 3rd. 

It was 6 months on the 3rd when Emery went to be with Jesus. 

It is so hard to believe it has been 6 months. 

Half a year! 

Some days it feels like yesterday, and others feels like it's been forever.  I miss her so much! Some days seem harder than others and some days I feel I've got a hold of this grief thing. My family helps with that a lot. 


When I see this hot pink sunsets, my heart just melts. I never got to see my baby grow up. I only was able to see her for 23 short days. However, I know God is allowing me to see her beauty through these pink sunsets. There have been so many pink sunsets since she joined Him in Heaven, that I know it is a sign for me to know she is ok and well taken care of. 


Oh my sweet Emery, I saw this on Facebook the other night and it just rang so true. I will always wonder who you would have been... so many questions I ask. A lot of times they keep me up at night... what you would look like? Would you be a Daddy's girl like Addison or a Mama's girl like Makenzi? Would you look like Addison still? Would you have dimples like Addison when you smile? Would your eyes have turned green like your Mama's? Oh I just long to see you one more time... I long to hold you one more time. But I know... one more time wouldn't be enough. I wish I was able to love you longer and watch you grow... But I know one day I will be reunited with you in heaven, and I will be able to have you with me for all eternity. Love you sweet girl! 
  

We will get through one day at a time... I just pray God continues to comfort us as only He can. And I continue to pray He allows me to see pink sunsets as much as possible and I thank HIM every night I see one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment